From the Pastor
There are no Masses being celebrated in the Diocese of Superior due to the coronavirus/COVID19 pandemic beginning March 18 until further notice. There is a letter below from Bishop Powers describing the decision. The precautions that are being taken are very prudent. This “coronavirus flu” can be very deadly to those who have compromised health situations. It was hard to get my head around what was happening at first. But now I know we will get through this moment. Everyday there is new information and instructions. We have to be attentive and informed as we move forward.
I have spoken to many people who are concerned. I am, too. But, remember we have faith in God. God will not abandon us, God will never abandon us.
Although we cannot gather on the weekends for a while, we can still pray and reach out to one another maintaining social distancing as best we can.
Here are some ideas:
- Pray. Make a commitment to pray every day to get through this time.
- Make phone calls to a neighbor or relative who are unable to go out or have face to face conversation from social distancing.
- Offer to shop groceries and figure out a way to drop off the food without physical contact
- Watch Mass from St. Bridget’s on FB or St. Bridget’s Website or other churches on line. We will have Mass posted by Sunday morning.
- Our St. Bridget’s Mass is broadcast on Hudson Community Television channel 16, (Com Cast Customers only) Wednesday 8:00 p.m. and Thursday 8:00 a.m.
- Radio Mass from St. Bridget’s Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. on WEVR 106.3 FM and 1550 AM
- Use FORMED The Catholic Faith. On Demand. I call it NetFlix for Catholics. We have a subscription through the parish. You can use it for free. Thousands of movies and studies available. Go to saintbridgts.formed.org, enter your email and create a password (you’ll need this to login later) and you are in. We recommend you start with Presence and/or Brother Francis (for youth)
- Finally, we want to continue our ministry here at St. Bridget and St. Mary’s Parishes and have the obligation to support our staff who give generously in working for us. I appreciate the uncertainty and worry affecting many of you. If you are able, please continue to provide your financial support to our parish. Since you cannot attend Mass, you may want to consider making a gift electronically if you do not already. You can contact the office for assistance or simply mail in your contribution. Contributions can also be dropped off in the church in the mail slot of the Joany Shepard Library during the day at St. Bridget’s. At St. Mary’s there is a mail box drop at the rectory offices.
Please feel free to call Fr. Rich or myself if you want to talk.
“The St. Bridget, St. Mary Immaculate Conception, and Newman communities are praying for all of you and your loved ones:
We are still here for you!”
Fr. Jerry Harris
Prayer for healing of coronavirus
Lord Jesus Christ, our Divine Physician, we ask you to guard and protect us from Corona virus COVID - 19 and all serious illness. For all that have died from it, have mercy; for those that are ill now, bring healing. For those searching for a remedy, enlighten them, for medical caregivers helping the sick, strengthen and shield them. For those working to contain the spread, grant them success, for those afraid, grant peace. May your precious blood be our defense and salvation. By your grace, may you turn the evil of disease until moments of consolation and hope. May we always fear the contagion of sin more than any illness. We abandon ourselves to your mercy. Amen
Pedro de la Cruz.
St Mary's Immaculate Conception Catholic Church. All Rights Reserved.